An original antique line steel engraving of Scarborough Castle by N Whittock (Delt) (b 1791-1860) and J Shury (SC). It was published by IT Hinton, in January 1830, of 4 Warwick Square as part of the publication “A New and Complete History of the County of York” 1830-1831. The engraved area is given in the size below, on a page that is 21 cms x 13 cms. It is later coloured, with detail of perambulators and dockers, and is in a clean state. Clear impress mark.